The Directors Development Program (DDP) replaces the legacy travel programs at U7, U8, and U9, replacing them with a player-centered development program. By creating a nurturing, educational soccer environment and removing as many barriers to development as possible, DDP facilitates learning and expedites player growth.
Full program details for each age group, including program fees, are available via the "Program Information" links on the right.
- Encourage creative freedom in training and in games
- Reduce fear of failure by placing more emphasis on individual player development and eliminating the pressure of winning games
- Reduce or eliminate labeling players at a young age by creating player pools instead of assigning them to "A," "B," and "C" teams with the goal of developing a larger pool of talented players at each age group
- Create free player movement within age groups to ensure the top players can play up and be challenged
- Provide appropriate training to game ratio
- Maintain an appropriate travel to playing time ratio